Plainfield Plaintalker aka Bernice said it better than anyone else could. Tuesday night's meeting had too many important items for agenda action plus those added for the discussion to be covered by any or all the bloggers, much less than the Councilors themselves.
Does anyone believe that except for the three ordinances for second reading and adoption, plus all 22 resolution, most of which will be glossed over on the "Consent Agenda" and the three new ordinances presented for first reading, the essential items on next Monday night's agenda will not have been entertained at Tuesday's meeting.
Several resolutions were to be added if approved in the reconvened executive session. What has happened to "TRANSPARENCY"?
It is time for concerned Plainfielders to demand that the Council return to the biweekly meeting format. If that is too strenuous for the Council-and I hate to say this because I think it is one of the best in years-let them resign in time for a special election.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll happily email each council member, if their email address on the Plainfield site is correct and I don't think it is.
ReplyDeleteLet's demand transparency, not the murky BS we've been getting for nearly four years of this administration.
ZZZzzzzzzz
ReplyDelete553 smart a**, this attitude is the reason Plainfield i the last 30years has gone from one of the best places to live in NJ to near Camden level. you should >zzzZZZ wake up
ReplyDeleteTip: check to see what is on the agenda for Monday's council meeting. Despite the objections from the community, and from "almost" half the council, you might find that the Monarch Tax Abatement issue has been added for passage (I mean vote) on Monday.
ReplyDeleteIf one refers to the the other community bloggers and my previous postings, it has been anticipated that this end run was in the works. Politics as usual.
ReplyDelete