Saturday, January 19, 2019

UPCOMMING COUNCIL MEETING


  There have been no blogs this week since I spent most of the last weekend in “The House of Horrors” aka JFK ER and holding area for non-cardiac chest pain which is now slowly getting better.  I have had only one short excursion from home but lots of sleep thanks to medication.
  Monday is JFK Day so Council meeting, which I do not plan to attend, is Tuesday and I assume that City Hall will be closed Monday even if there was no storm. 
  AJ posted the agenda on Friday, but I could not open or download any of the specific Resolutions. In addition, there were several typo errors. He posted Saturday about noon time an updated Agenda, but I was unable to open the link to read it.
  There were several interesting items in the original agenda such as the Mayor’s request to approve Michael J, Mandell as “Director of the Fire Division for the City of Plainfield”. I could not open or download the Resolution printout to learn about his qualifications. I subsequently was informed, but could not verify, that he had appealed his score for Battalion Chief in North Bergen in 1999 but was not appointed.
   Although my addition may be slightly off, but this Council is going to approve the commitment of almost 6 million dollars in a combine session where they in the recent past do not have time to question or review appropriately the agenda. I note that there are request for 325K for various legal corporations services including 20K for Minchello’s firm in addition to previous approved contracts, his and court judge.    
  There is also 317K for settling a compensation claim, which we have no explanation.            

No comments:

Post a Comment