This is a
week of morning appointments and little time to post. I was going to give an
opinion on Trump’s speech and the Democrat’s response, but what can I write
about something that will not change? Moreover, there was a basketball game I
wanted to watch.
Tuesday night Trump read!!!! his comments. Not his usual “shooting
from his mouth” but still quoting statistics that were, according to
all the pundits, distorted . He made a “humanitarian” appeal coupled with scare tactics.
Many will believe him. But I can not believe the 800000 government employees
who will not get paid are supportive of his unyielding demands. Nor his request
that vendors and landlords owed money not try to collect, will be popular and
Trump supportive.
The Democrats will try to fund the government,
but I agree with them that there may be a better way to improve border security
than a 2000-mile concrete or steel barrier.
Politicians
rarely keep campaign promises especially when they are ridiculous; “The
Mexicans will pay for the wall”. The Wall has become Trump’s “Custer’s last
stand” and he will not yield.
Trump's words:“I've watched the politicians,” he said in his announcement speech in June 2015. “I've dealt with them all my life. If you can't make a good deal with a politician, then there's something wrong with you. You're certainly not very good.”
Instead the “Master of the Deal” has demanded my terms or no deal.
Trump's words:“I've watched the politicians,” he said in his announcement speech in June 2015. “I've dealt with them all my life. If you can't make a good deal with a politician, then there's something wrong with you. You're certainly not very good.”
Instead the “Master of the Deal” has demanded my terms or no deal.
As always,
the cartoonists have been busy.




No comments:
Post a Comment