Was it a debate? Not in the
traditional sense Hillary was composed and all smiles. Donald was his usual
bombastic self. He interrupted Hillary at least 25 times in the first half
hour.
Both like all politicians uttered
half-truths and falsehoods as irrefutable facts. The Washington Post posted the
following fact checker:
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/09/27/fact-checking-the-first-clinton-trump-presidential-debate/?tid=a_inl
)NBC News listed 6 “key moments” in the debate:
(http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-presidential-debates/6-key-moments-first-presidential-debate-between-trump-clinton-n655121?cid=eml_nnn_2016092)
Most viewers felt that Trump
had done poorly, although he will not lose his dedicated followers.
Trump’s surrogates in the
spin room were downbeat, and the candidate himself has already begun making
excuses: “They gave me a defective mic,” he complained to reporters during a
gaggle. “Did you notice that? My mic was defective within the room. I wonder,
was that on purpose?” There was no clear problem with his microphone during the
debate, Jose DelReal notes.
Rudy Giuliani, a top Trump
surrogate, even suggested that Trump should skip the next two debates unless he
gets concessions. “If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another
debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist
and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,” he said.
The moderator was not
obtrusive’ HOLT let the combatants carry the ball RARELY INTERRUPTING. Many were
disappointed that he did not focus on Hillary’s emails or Trumps taxes.


No comments:
Post a Comment