Last night one of this generations greatest orators and demagogues held sway at the Democrat Convention. In a hour long nominating speech for President Obama; ex-President Clinton waving his famous "I did not have sex" index finger presented point after point why there should be "Four more years". It was a effective and powerful indictment of the Romney/Ryan promises as well as a recounting of the positives of this administration.
The only problem was that he talked too long and may have lost some of his non-partisan audience.
I had heard earlier this week that Dave Wynn had resigned his position as head of the Recreation Division. It should be hoped that there will be a complete and honest investigation of the rumors of irregularities in that office. There were too many to sweep under the rug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
President Clinton didn't lose his listeners. Good riddence to bad trash with Dave Winn.
ReplyDeleteAgreed on both points! (Except for the spelling of Wynn.)
ReplyDeleteMay I be "flip" and say, "When the heat gets too hot, you gotta get out of the kitchen"
ReplyDeleteQuite apropo methinks!