Thursday, August 25, 2011

NOTATIONS

As I write this contemplating the numerous tall trees surrounding my house the latest news is that Irene will be paying us a direct visit. There is little that we can do to prevent the storm hitting us and causing damage,but we can be prepared for loss of utilities.

It could be helpful if Plainfield's disaster plan was posted on the city site so that reception centers could be located. Also are there any flood areas that may need rescue operations? Have things changed since Floyd?

Councilor Williams has posted some information on her blog site.

Regarding my OPRA blog; I did receive a call from the Corporation Counsel's Office explaining the reason for the denial. I am waiting to receive that in writing and then will make up my mind if I should make further attempts to receive the study mentioned at the Council meeting. I will keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. Are we surprised that so many people are scared and feel the city is unprepared for this oncoming disaster. I wonder if drains have been cleared and flood areas have been marked for people to avoid during the storm? With this administration, none of us have confidence that our best interest is being cared for.

    ReplyDelete