No Earl,No blog. Not entirely true since the Agenda for Tuesday's Council Meeting is up on the site. I have had time only to glance at it and after I read it through may have some comments.
However three Resolutions (C,D,E) start out ;"Authorize approval ( one D is"Approve Authorization") for the Director of Finance of the City to apply to the Local Finance Board*****".
What Council meeting did I miss when there was consent for the appointment of a "Director of Finance"? I don't even remember a candidate being proposed. Has a CFO also been appointed?
Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Mayor of the City of Plainfield have finally put her foot down. I was just informed that she have VETOED resolution MC 2010-22 and MC 2010-23. The council need to stay out of the day to day operation of the city of plainfield. The council need to ftake classes so they can be informed what their duties are.
ReplyDeleteTo 9:09am - with all due respect, it is you who needs to take the class, or more specifically, read the Plainfield Charter to understand duties. Actually, it is the City Administrator who is supposed to run the city. The Mayor is PART TIME (what does that mean to you in terms of how involved in city operations the mayor can be - It is her choice to make this position into a full time position. It was not the intent of the founding Fathers of Plainfield to have a full time mayor). And lastly, it is the Council's responsibility (fiduciary responsibility I might add) to track and regulate the spending of the City.
ReplyDeleteSo the mayor has, yet again, showed how inept she is at running the city, and how she has no clue what her real responsibilities are.
So sorry if this comes across harshly, but I am really tired of having our money spent inefficiently. Not having two major positions filled in an extended period of time shows me the mayor has no idea of finances or budets. I hope you have a lot of money, because if you continue to support this mayor (who wanted your taxes to go up 10%, but thanks to the council they went up less than 8%)you will be paying twice as much in taxes within two years.
to 11:00am with all do respect the council need to stay out of the day to day operation of the city of plainfield. I have heard the City Administrator say several times this administration do not support these items. Now if the City Administrator do not support resolution then we as taxpayer's have to believe that it is not in the best interest of the City. So I say to the council stay out of the day to day operation of the City of Plainfield. Now the council is sitting with egg on their face, Madam Mayor continue to show that you are the Mayor for this City. If the council wants to be the mayor then let them run for Mayor, otherwise do your duties as council members.
ReplyDelete12:05 - point taken, but aren't you glad the council reduced your taxes from 10% to less than 8%. It was because of them getting involved that your taxes are lower, otherwise, the mayor wanted you to pay more in taxes. I am very glad the council got involved.
ReplyDelete