Wednesday, January 4, 2017

CE QUI SERA, SERA*




Over 25 years ago when I retire after 45+ years of medical practice and began a 10 year run as the less time consuming medical director of CJIPA as a good citizen with community interest I began regularly attending the Council and other civic meetings. The exception was in the Gibson era when those meetings were a farce,

In 2008 a started this blog and among the potpourri reported on my impression from these meetings.

Within 2 months I will be 97 and it has become more difficult to attend most meetings due to parking and other logistic problems. Therefore although I will continue to review the agendas I do not plan to go to many if any meetings in the future. 



I will continue to blog not daily but more on a potpourri basis expressing my interests in national and world affairs.2017 should be an most dramatic year, and I hope you will continue to read me and express your opinions; pro or con.


*A great song as sung by Doris Day, not the anti-smoking commercial.

4 comments:

  1. Doc, there was some talk about broadcasting the meetings live. Have you heard this? If so that should solve your travel problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably all talk. It has been a rumor in the past, but I can not conceive the Councilors and City Administrators wishing to publicly expose their failings especially their preparedness for the meetings and opossible questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc,

    Just wanted to let you know I appreciate you sharing your perspective on the city. I don't always agree with what you say (hardly ever?) but it reminds me that our city is made up of many voices who all deserve to be heard. I especially enjoy your posts about decades past. Thank you for taking the time to share.

    Terica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc, when you speak, we will listen (or read). Council meetings should be live streamed for transparency purposes.

    ReplyDelete