Monday, February 4, 2019

COUNCIL MEETING


Once again we can be reminded of the old saying that “Figures do not lie, but liars figure”

I must take Dan’s word for it since I can not open or download any of the support material for the Ordinances and Resolutions on AJ’s posted agenda. 

Apparently, Administration would privatize the 911 operators as a “money saving” operation.
Shades of the outsourcing of the Engineering Department, or the abolishment of the Animal Control section in favor of a Newark service. Consider the delegation of legal matters from a full time Corporation Counselor to numerous ‘outside contractors”. 

Have we had an independent accounting to show that the above actions have saved the city money? NO! In fact, I would bet that the costs have been greater but we have never had a sworn to comparison accounting.

It was Senator Booker when he first ran for city office against the notorious Sharpe James machine who describe d that city’s government  as a “corrupt favor dispensing  fiefdom.”

Does Plainfield fit that description?  Could Mapp be making Jerry Green, famous as a patronage dispenser, seem to be a piker?  Would this Council question?

No comments:

Post a Comment