After a week marred by rain and an overactive
gastrointestinal tract 0n his Yom Kippur eve, the holiest Jewish religious
day< I am able to write a blog. But before I post complaints this is an
explanation of the opening Kohl Nidre; “service” which is followed by the “religious”
service.
“All vows we are likely to make, all
oaths and pledges we are likely to take between this Yom Kippur and the next
Yom Kippur, we publicly renounce. Let them all be relinquished and abandoned,
null and void, neither firm nor established. Let our vows, pledges, and oaths
be considered neither vows nor pledges nor oaths.In fact, the Kol Nidrei prayer is not a prayer at all. Rather, it’s a somewhat dry legal formula. Two witnesses, holding Torah scrolls to insert an additional measure of gravitas, stand on either side of the cantor as he chants the text three times. The words of Kol Nidrei are not even Hebrew, but Aramaic, which was the vernacular in ancient times. Hebrew would be reserved only for holy texts and prayers, not a legal proceeding.” ( my jewish learning)
Cervantes made his reputation with Don Quixote who
battled windmills for a principle. I do not expect any such acclaim, but I have
for the past 10 years written my blogs and often expressed my opinions for what I believe
should be honesty in government.
10 years ago, the blogger was like the pamphleteer of yore,
read by many as a source of facts often
in conflict with those stated by the people in power. Unfortunately, since that
time a generation with agile fingers has arisen and the medias of old have been
discarded in favor of Twitters and Facebook. At the same time there has been a
public disenchantment with all governments and an abdication of the “Government
by the people for the people” principle that our C0nstiutional founders espoused.
Thus, we have a cynical arrogant PONTUS who admires tyrants,
profusely twitters inaccuracies without regard for facts and demeans those that
disagree with him. We have a two-party Congress that acts not on merits but
what is the party line and forgets its responsibilities to the citizens.
Statewide we have similar legislatures in Trenton whose
interests are in getting reelected, patronage, often accomplished by the gerrymandering
of election districts.
Locally we have only one party and although the factions
have changed there has been no change in the abuse of power facilitated by
another rubber stamp Council and a self-serving bureaucracy led by an
individual who could be a local Trump. Obfuscation and deriding critics are
among his traits.
Trump tweets : “I am the least bigoted President ever”, “The job
that FEMA and law enforcement and everybody did, working along with the
Governor in Puerto Rico, I think was tremendous. I think that Puerto Rico was
an incredible, unsung success.”
Mapp says “It will be budget neutral” “Because each department will be led by individuals who are already
employed by the city, this expansion will add no cost for the residents of
Plainfield and will add needed capacity to our leadership”
Sounds like echoes.
Upcoming there is a proposal to “redevelop” area that includes
three thriving restaurants two of which are perhaps among the greatest assets
in the city. His administration would destroy them for “redevelopment?”.
Hearings
will begin Thursday before the Planning board. Although physically it is difficult for
me to attend city Hall meetings I hope enough concerned citizens will make
their voice heard. I also hope some one in Administration will listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment