Tuesday, August 14, 2018

UMBRAGE


   Unfortunately, I could not attend last night’s Council so unfortunately, I must rely on the TAP video of the Mayor’s remarks in defense of unfortunately I must rely on the TAP video the Planned City Charter revision or I would have expressed in person my umbrage of the Mayor’s remarks characterizing everyone who objected to the Charter/City Code revisions.

  I cannot be sure that I was able to accurately quote his remarks, but they are 99% correct.   Just as Trump does in his tweets our Mayor referred to his critics as “purveyors of misinformation or lies” who owe the citizens of Plainfield “an apology”.  He also stated that the petition was based on “lies and (unintelligible) misinformation” based on incomplete facts.

  Just like Trump he proclaimed that he was "the source of the truth" and proceeded to spout a set of numbers and dollars that seemed so confusing that I will have to get if possible and read before making any comment on their significance or accuracy. My initial impression from the TAP tape was that that was all gibberish.

  Yes Dan; Sean McKenna was right when in July he wrote; ”the city of Plainfield has morphed into a single governmental branch operation, against all standards and norms of democracy (not to mention little things like constitutions.)”
   Neither I or anyone else must apologize for expressing our concerns regarding governmental action. That is our 1st Amendment right and acceptable as long as we do not deliberately state misinformation with the intent to deceive

No comments:

Post a Comment