Friday, July 13, 2018

WASHINGTON FOLLIES


  This computer and I are quiet often not on the same page. 50% of the time it delays opening while taking up to an hour (once) to check disk and make corrections. Apparently they do not stick or I have a failing hard drive.
  Comments are being posted to my blog about the Council meeting. They do not go to my e-mail in box so I can screen them but directly to the blog. That is an improvement since recently when the writer hit the publish button the comment disappeared into cyberspace.
  The circus in DC was marked yesterday by the Congressional Committee’s hearing with Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who had been on the Mueller Commission but removed for anti-Trump emails. Probably best described by Colbert on Thursday night. To quote the USA Today: “He was especially amused by the parliamentary bickering that went on between committee chair and "mannequin head that makeup artists practice on" Bob Goodlatte and Democratic member Jerrold Nadler. After watching footage of their exchange, the comedian declared, "Damn, it's Robert's Rules of 'Back off (expletive) or I will cut you!'
After playing a clip of committee members rebuking Goodlatte for forbidding Strrozk to confer with FBI counsel, Colbert noted, "This is the first time I've seen Congress as frustrated with Congress as we are." 
But Colbert's favorite part came when Strzok said he didn't appreciate "South Carolina Republican and Supercuts vampire Trey Gowdy" misrepresenting the reason for his dismissal from the special counsel's team. The FBI agent said it was done for appearance's sake rather than actual concern over political bias.”
"I don't give a damn what you appreciate, Mr. Strzok," Gowdy spat back. "I don't appreciate having an FBI agent with an unprecedented level of animus working on two major investigations in 2016”
  
Could this snapshot of a cat’s left hookbe appropriate?
  

If Congress can disregard basic Robert’s Rules of Order such as the immediate priority of a call for “A Rule of Order”, how can anyone fault Plainfield’s Council for disregarding (or showing its ignorance) of its own rules which state Roger’s Rule will be followed?

No comments:

Post a Comment