This is from “goomersblog” which is a satirical medical blog but
illustrates why I have posted repeatedly that Healthcare today sucks. Obamacare
or HMO/insurance controlled medicine is why politicians and government and “entitlers”
or socialists should not determine how we receive our care.
My annual physical included all the items plus a vaginal for women to rule out tumors and cancers.
Routine urine and blood tests (blood count, differential, sedimentation rate. and basic chemistries) were standard plus
an EKG and Chest Xray depending on age and findings.
My annual physical included all the items plus a vaginal for women to rule out tumors and cancers.
Routine urine and blood tests (blood count, differential, sedimentation rate. and basic chemistries) were standard plus
an EKG and Chest Xray depending on age and findings.
!”
Other Xrays and exotic diagnostic tests were ordered depending on my findings not to meet "quality care levels"
AMA Holds
Funeral Service for Physical Exam by
Dr.
Glaucomflecken
S3, S4, and “murmurs,”
whatever those are
Palpating the point of maximal impact
Percussing the lungs
Percussing in general
Measuring liver span
Actually putting your own finger into the rectum to examine it
Doing that thing where you have the patient swallow some water then feel their thyroid
Femoral pulses
Reflexes not involving the knee
Cranial nerve I
Pinprick test
Temperature sensation
Any part of the exam where human contact is involved
Palpating the point of maximal impact
Percussing the lungs
Percussing in general
Measuring liver span
Actually putting your own finger into the rectum to examine it
Doing that thing where you have the patient swallow some water then feel their thyroid
Femoral pulses
Reflexes not involving the knee
Cranial nerve I
Pinprick test
Temperature sensation
Any part of the exam where human contact is involved
Following a display of the Physical Exam’s most prized
possessions, including a stethoscope, reflex
hammer and a little vial filled with coffee beans, several health
care providers gave moving eulogies in remembrance of an old friend.
Tim (60-year-old internist): “I’ll miss you dear friend.
My intimate knowledge about you was my only defense against the onslaught
of millennial EMRs
and imaging studies. I could always count on
you to show me findings that, although might not have any clinical significance
whatsoever, could at least be used to humiliate a resident for missing it.”
Lucy (24-year-old resident): “Dear Physical Exam, we
never really knew each other. You were already pretty old and
inconsequential by the time I started medical school. However, I still
sometimes put on my stethoscope and listen to the strange thuds,
beeps, and boops coming from inside the patient that used to be important.
Hell, I’ll even write about those crazy sounds in my progress
notes like I’m a real 1950s primary care doctor. But then I
look at the telemetry and think to myself, technology is pretty awesome.
Lolz!”

No comments:
Post a Comment