Wednesday, July 15, 2015

THAT DEAL




I would have posted some additional comments on the Iran Deal today but although there has been a spate of TV comments and a few columns about the “deal” I still have not enough information to form any type of an opinion. Suffice to say there are pros and cons expressed.

I did watch Obama’s press conference and am of the opinion that he avoided answering any of the reporters’ questions even though they were obviously preselected.

The text of the agreement is now on line, all 159 pages. However according to one writer in the Washington Post Wednesday AM;

“More than 100 pages of text and annexes went online about 6:30 a.m., and the European Union site where it was posted soon crashed. The Obama administration won’t get all the supplemental material to Congress for up to five days, and then there will be a battery of briefings.”

I plan to keep up with this important news and will write something more definitive- for what it is worth- in a few days. The best I can see right now is that there are altered interpretations being given by both sides on the deal.

Although this is not called a treaty it is being treated as one and Congress will have a vote. Obama has said that he will veto any rejection. It is questionable if there are enough votes in Congress to override a veto; time will tell.


Why am I making such an issue about this? I believe it could impact on the lives of our children and grandchildren as much as Munich did  to my generation.

1 comment:

  1. "Why am I making such an issue about this? I believe it could impact on the lives of our children and grandchildren as much as Munich did to my generation."

    That is precisely the issue. Historic is not the right description, unbelievable is more to the truth when considering the "pact" was driven by the president of the United States. He not only did not advance to protect the interests of America, but put the whole world in the path of an apocalypse, which is the goal of Shiite Islam. Angelo

    ReplyDelete