Friday, January 17, 2014

BLOG ADDENDUM

This is an addendum to this morning's blog.  Any comment that gives figures is verifiable. Although I did not post names I could not reject comments even anonymously that gave verifiable names and/or numbers.

The important issue  although about which   I feel very strongly; I did not address today because I felt  that the perfidy of the protagonists was most important.

As Alan Goldstein wrote there is serious ethical issues involved. No member of a governing body should vote on any issue that financially impact s upon them. They should not even enter into any discussion and recluse  themselves.

By disregarding that principle any action they take in the future could be open to dubiety. 

In my opinion the least the Council can do is censure those who disregarded established ethics.

Council President Rivers did suggest that the resolution be re-introduced as new business Tuesday. I hope that administration does so in an unaltered form.

I also hope that Administration, unless he principles wish to withdraw from consideration; places on the new business docket those Mayoral nominations that were never acted upon due to the council's refusal to place on the agenda.

If any Councilor has a legitimate reason to not approve they owe it to all to give an explanation. These nominations are not executive   Committee matters but public property.

1 comment:

  1. Right on Doc. Thanks for your clarity and succinct way of putting things. The truth is the truth.

    ReplyDelete