The penultimate Saxon King of England (or at least part of it) the great-great grandson of Alfred the Great. was known as Ethelred the Unready. He was succeeded by a son Edmund Ironsides who was forced to cede half of the Kingdom to Cnut, King of the Danes.Edmund was murdered by a noble who was hiding in the outhouse pit, and when Eddie came in stabbed him through the rectum.
This rainy morning I feel like Ethelred, Unready, having nothing written and knowing that my hunt, and peck typing takes too much time.I trust that after tonights Council meeting, I will have an inspiration for tomorrow other than the hospital situation.
Therefore there will be no tirade or nostalgia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Doc:
ReplyDeleteI hope by now you are feeling better than Ethelred ever felt at the time of his attack. I won't see you tonight for I am the one who is feeling the pains and aches of a cold chest, but I certainly look forward to your post tomorrow when the sun rises.
Your secret admirer.