Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ELECTION CHOICES

Plainfield's fate for the next few years will be decided one week from today, Tuesday.

Although I have not endorsed candidates in the past, this year I am doing so in for the local Council races in the Democrat primary. I will not state why I am not  supporting the other candidates unless forced to do so.

In the First Ward where I can not vote: Independent Democrat Siddeeq El-Amin.

Third Ward where I can not vote: (Not so) New Democrat Charles McCrae

2nd & 3rd Wards Councilor; for whom I can vote: Incumbent (not so) New Democrat Rebecca Williams.

Why these three? I believe that they have the best qualifications to be the best Council members for  our city.

El-Amin has been a dedicated civil employee  in the Police  as well as a former Director of Public Safety and very involved with civic activities.

McCrae has proven to be a highly motivated civic volunteer and has  served as chair for the CBAC.

Williams in her near four years on the Council has shown a high dedication to her Council responsibilities despite a concurrent heavy university teaching workload, along with a  needed degree of sanity to the Council debates.

If these three are aboard next January I firmly believe Plainfield can once again become the Queen City.

No comments:

Post a Comment